In whatever industry, it is important to get an overview of your entire business. This is why reports are important. They tell you where you are in achieving your goals. It can take days to weeks to compile reports depending on how complex your business is and the data they are gathering.
But what if I was to tell you, you can get live and up-to-date reports on your fingertips? Through dashboards, similar to what you find in Business Intelligence solutions, it's all possible!
Why Bother Having Analytics In Your ERP?
You can access it on your phone or PC whenever you like and it's real time information so you don't have to worry about the information on the report being two days or two weeks old.
Imagine the time you could save since all your team would also be up-to-date on the information and there wouldn't be a need a meeting to review the latest reports. This would all be possible if your enterprise resource planning solution (ERP) is integrated and has an analytics functionality.
An example would be an IT system that has the ERP, customer relationship management system (CRM) and even e-commerce platform so interconnected and integrated that it is easy to both have a quick overview of your business and trace the the transactions that contributed to these results. This where you kill two birds with one stone.
Benefits Of An Integrated ERP with Analytics
- Transparency - Get real-time transparency into your company's performance across all business functions — from summary level to transaction level.
- Coherence - With an integrated system, you ensure that the information shown in your analytics displays only a single version of the truth with all of your data residing in a single source.
- No need for manual report compilation - You can now have a self-service, personalized experience with easy-to-use reporting tools without requiring programming or technical resources.
- Reports on-demand - On-the-go access via web browser and mobile device.
- Informed decision-making - Gain insights and make better decisions with summary dashboards that you can access with an internet device.
- Monitor projects as if you were on-site - Closely monitor project profitability and performance, view resource utilization and billing forecasts, understand backlog and view timesheet status.
- Give the most needed information to the right people - Using personalized role-based dashboards, the right people will get the most needed information. No lost time spent glossing over irrelevant metrics.
- Better collaboration - With every stakeholder in your team informed, everyone is working towards the big picture while being armed with the data that is most relevant to their activities.
When evaluating ERPs, you can now see why it is important to look for ERP systems with analytics. This is where the worlds of ERPs and Business Intelligence come together. NetSuite, named by Gartner as the World's #1 Cloud ERP, currently has analytics and is known for being a highly-integrated business solution.
Take a look at how this cloud software solution is being used by different companies in Italy in our free report: NetSuite - Successes in the Italian Market.